Brendan Zachar D.O.M., is a Board Certified Doctor of Oriental Medicine and Licensed Acupuncture Physician. In practice since 2010, Dr.Zachar became introduced to Holistic Medicine during his undergraduate years while studying Health Sciences at the University of Central Florida. This introduction led to his eventual pursuit of Chinese Medicine, where he earned his Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine from the Florida College of Integrative Medicine in Orlando, Florida. Dr.Zachar has trained overseas at the prestigious Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine where he interned with dozens of specialist doctors. He is certified as a Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist for Dry needling by Myopain Seminars, a global leader in dry needling education. Over the years he has witnessed both personally and professionally the immense healing power that “alternative” medicine can provide.
Dr.Zachar utilizes acupuncture, dry needling, herbal pharmacy, and nutrition to help patients. He commonly treats cervical and lumbar pain syndromes, sciatica, headaches, anxiety disorders, Irritable bowel syndromes, women’s health issues, and is trained in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture technique.
The ability to help facilitate healing and the relief that it brings forth for the patient is one of the most rewarding professional experiences I could have ever hoped for.
- University of Central Florida, Health Sciences, 2005 – 2007
- Florida College of Integrative Medicine, Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine, 2010
- Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Internship, Longhua hospital, 2019
Memberships & Certifications
- Member of Academy of Integrative Pain Management
- Member of National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Herbal Medicine Board Certified by NCCAOM
- Oriental Medicine Board Certified by NCCAOM
- Member of Florida State Oriental Medicine Association (FSOMA)
- Dry Needling, Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist (Myopain Seminars)
- Tension Point Therapy Certification
- Acupoint Injection Therapy Certification
- Facial Rejuvenation Advanced Certification
- Neuro-Acupuncture Certification