Brendan Zachar D.O.M., is a Board Certified Doctor of Oriental Medicine and Licensed Acupuncture Physician. In practice since 2010, Dr.Zachar became introduced to Holistic Medicine during his undergraduate years while studying Health Sciences at the University of Central Florida. This introduction led to his eventual pursuit of Chinese Medicine, where he went on to earn his Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine from the Florida College of Integrative Medicine in Orlando, Florida. Dr.Zachar has trained overseas at the prestigious Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine where he interned with dozens of specialist doctors. Over the years he has witnessed both personally and professionally the immense healing power that “alternative” medicine can provide.
Dr.Zachar utilizes acupuncture, herbal pharmacy, and nutrition to help patients. He commonly treats cervical and lumbar pain syndromes, sciatica, headaches, anxiety disorders, Irritable bowel syndromes, and women’s health issues.
The ability to help facilitate healing and the restful state of being and peace that it brings forth for the patient is one of the most rewarding experiences I could have ever asked for.
- University of Central Florida, Health Sciences, 2005 – 2007
- Florida College of Integrative Medicine, Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine, 2010
- Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Internship, Longhua hospital, 2019
Memberships & Certifications
- Member of Academy of Integrative Pain Management
- Member of National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Herbal Medicine Board Certified by NCCAOM
- Oriental Medicine Board Certified by NCCAOM
- Member of Florida State Oriental Medicine Association (FSOMA)
- Tension Point Therapy Certification
- Acupoint Injection Therapy Certification
- Neuro-Acupuncture Certification